Administration Login



New Player Registration

Welcome to Burnaby Minor Hockey!

New players to Burnaby Minor Hockey Association will need to attend one of our in-person registration sessions during the summer (dates can be found on our main Registration page of the website). Please be sure to read all requirements listed below carefully. 

Register early! All registrations will be on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis.  Registrations are subject to available space in each age division, and it may be necessary to limit player and goaltender registration numbers.  Do not wait until the last in-person registration date!


An FAQ for New Players/ First-Time Registrants to Burnaby Minor Hockey Association has been created to help provide an understanding about the world of minor hockey and how BMHA works.

Also if you need help figuring out what type of equipment is needed, here is a Required Equipment List guide to help equip your child.

New to Minor Hockey Requirements - This info has been updated for May 2018.

For Burnaby residents who have never been registered with any minor hockey association, simply follow the steps outlined below:

1) In-person Registration Session Dates
All new player registration must be in-person.  We are required by our governing bodies (PCAHA, BC Hockey & Hockey Canada) to confirm the validity of all required documents so they must be viewed in person. Session dates can be found on the main Registration page of the website.

Wait times will vary depending on attendance numbers. 

2) Player Registration Form
Please complete and bring a Pacific Coast Amateur Hockey Association Player Registration Form

Note: be sure to include the email address you want BMHA correspondence sent to. Next to our website, this is our primary method of communication.

3) Documents Required for Registration
All applicants must bring with them to the registration session:

a. One (1) completed copy of the "Player Registration Form" mentioned in Step 2

b. One (1) copy of Child's Birth certificate 


c. Two (2) proofs of residence in Burnaby: Suitable proofs include bills such as Hydro, Fortis BC, Telephone LAND LINE (not cellphone), cable or City of Burnaby Utility or Property Tax.  (A Shaw bill covering both cable and phone is counted as ONE proof of residence). 

*** Must be current (not older than 3 months)

*** Do NOT black out information

*** Bill must be in its entirety

*** PDF printouts are acceptable from online accounts

*** NOT ACCEPTED AS PROOF OF RESIDENCE: Cellphone bills, any correspondence or paystubs, credit card bills. 

*** Residency can only be proven by primary bills of services installed at the home of the player being registered or by lease/rental agreements.

        d. One (1) completed "BMHA Registration Question Form"  
        - found here (under BMHA Registration Forms & Documents)

4) Payment
Credit Cards (Mastercard or Visa) are our only accepted method of payment.  Unfortunately, no cash or cheques will be accepted.

Players Transferring to BMHA from Other Associations

If you are a new player to BMHA, but are transferring from another Association, you will need to provide the above proof of identity and residence as well as the Player Registration Form and BMHA Registration Question Form (both mentioned above), and the Player Movement Form (found here), as well as supporting documentation requirements (found here). The Player Movement Form must be completed and signed by the old Association and both parents (even if the player only lives with one), and by the player if they are entering the Atom or older divisions. There will also be a player movement fee of $15. 

Transfer between BMHA and BWC
Player movements between Burnaby Minor (BMHA) and Burnaby Winter Club (BWC) Minor Hockey only require the Player Movement Form (mentioned in the above paragraph) and the BMHA Registration Question Form (found here), provided the player resides in Burnaby.  No additional paperwork is required.  These transfers are subject to a Special Player Movement fee of $75.   Deadline is September 1, 2018.